ONTD Political

~IRAN ELECTION FALLOUT DISCUSSION/LIVE POST~

11:21 am - 06/16/2009
madali 16th-Jun-2009 03:43 pm (UTC)
And I wrote this on my journal, and I think it bears repeating, because I havent seen any blogs to such comparisons,


Interior Ministry releases provincial vote count

This means that they ARE getting concerned and are now trying to cover their tracks. Of course, the people in charge are really mishandling this fraud. While initially it might appease certain people, because numbers do always seem impressive, I think this makes it easier to prove it there were concerns over the results. It just makes it easy to compare these numbers with 2005 numbers. I'm mainly comparing Karoubi & Ahmedinijad because it is easier to compare them since they were both candidates. A quick summary, in 2005, the election went to second round as no one got above 50% votes In 2005, Ahmedinijad's first round votes were 20%, and Karoubi was 18%. He didn't go to the second round, because Rafsanjani was 22%. This time it didnt even go to the second round, because Ahmadinijad got 62% while Karoubi got LESS THAN 1%! I cant imagine so much change in a mere 4 years. Now, lets look at the numbers more closely.

I look at the province of Fars. . In Fars, in 2005, Ahmedinijad got only 242,535 votes (13%). In 2009? 1.7 million! Thats 68%. Karoubi got 16,277 this time (0.6%) but last time he got 546,633 votes (thats double Ahmedinijad's votes!) and he was at 30.9%. So this guy went from getting half a million vote to just 16 thousand?

Here is another quick comparison. Ahmedinijad is winning almost every single province, and almost all of them above 50%. But look at 2005 results, people are winning differently in different province. This makes sense, because Iran is a very diverse country. It would like USA having every single state vote for the same person. One can have a field day with these comparisons.

Oh yeah, caught another one. Look at the province of Kurdistan, usually conservatives lose this state, because of it being Sunni Kurds. Ahmedinijad got 22, 353 in 2005 with only 6%! Karoubi ot the highest at a whooping 32%. In 2009, Ahmedinijad got more than 10 times more than last time, at 315,689, at 51%! From 6% to 51% in four years. Did he suddenly become the hero of all Kurds? Karoubi went from 32% to just 2%! I mean, come on!

Now look at Lurestan. I'm referring to this link for Lurestan because its not showing that province in the above link (not sure why). Ahmedinjad is 71%, 677,829, Karoubi is 44, 036 at 5%. Four years back? Ahmedinijad at 8%! Only 69,710. Karoubi had a huge 55%, 440,247! So again, this guy went from 55% to 5% while Ahmedinijad went from 8% to 71%? In four years? And Karoubi IS FROM Lurestan, and I'm from the same state, Luries are ethnically very different than northern Iranians. They are much furthur away from Tehran, have their own dialect, and love backing their own people. Even 55% in 2005 seems low for Karroubi, but votes were split with 7 candidates instead of this year's four. Ahmedinijad got received only 8%, but other candidates got 4%, 1%, 7%, %9%, 15%, and only Karoubi getting 55%. That makes it 91%, leaving 9% for write-in candidates and such, meaning than that figure itself is bigger than what Ahmedinijad got in that state.

dearmisterecho 16th-Jun-2009 04:07 pm (UTC)
I don't remember precisely what happened, but this all reminds me of the 2000/04 election where there were more Republican votes than there were people in the entire county or something...like very obviously fixed voting results. Argh I wish I could remember what it was!

*goes on an 'election fraud" wiki spree*
dearmisterecho 16th-Jun-2009 04:55 pm (UTC)
yeah! something like that...
iamcheryltweedy 17th-Jun-2009 08:04 am (UTC)
thank you for the break-down!
This page was loaded Jun 19th 2019, 10:44 am GMT.